Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Sometimes You're the Windshield, Sometimes You're the Bug...


I have a cute card to share with you today. One of the girls who attends my monthly Stamp A Stack class asked if we could make a card using some cute stamps she picked up, so this the design I came up with  as a sample for the class. On the inside we'll be stamping the verse "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug!"

It also game me an excuse to try out a new color combination from my Brights collection of Spectrum Noir markers. Trying different colors of Blue and Greens I was able to blend the colors together nicely. I haven't been able to locate a color chart for this particular set of SN markers so if any of my readers have found one, could you please point me in the right direction? I'd sure appreciate it! In the meantime I'll continue to create my own combinations and save them to my creative journal when I have the chance!

I stamped the bugs using a stamp from my stash, andso heat embossed this using Stayz-On Black Onyx Ink and clear embossing powder. It's my solution to coloring hand stamped images with these markers until I can get my hands on a pad of ink that doesn't smear.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you're enjoying your week!

~Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment - I love to know what you think!