Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, July 19, 2013

Pink Peppermint

Hi Stampers! Are you managing to stay cool in your neck of the woods this week? Here in New England we are expecting a "doozy" of a day with this continuing heatwave. In fact, before I left work yesterday we had already received a verbal reminder, followed by an emailed memo asking us to please keep the kids inside to stay cool in our air conditioned classrooms - as if anyone would ever have to tell me twice to do that!!

As I sat inside my house by the air conditioner creating this card, I had a strange craving for Pink Peppermint ice cream! But really - who wants to go out in that heat even for an ice cream? Today's card is my submission for the final challenge at Catch the Bug, and I used my favorite Bugaboo Christmas stamp, Christmas Cupcake Candycanes for the main image. Today's challenge is a recipe challenge, but before I share my recipe I think I should share a photo of my card:



Doesn't it look yummy? Here's the recipe:

  • Tied up with a bow: Stampin' Up! 1 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon in Pink Pirouette
  • Keepin' Warm - include at least 3 layers: Walnut Cream Card Stock by Bazzill, and layers from my Crate Paper Snowday 6x6 Pad, plus my cupcake!
  • Let it Sparkle - use glitter or bling: Dazzling Diamonds and Dazzling Details (SU)
  • A Little Eggnog - use the color cream: Walnut Cream Cardstock for the base, Middle layer and Cupcake.

I used my Spectrum Noir Markers for this cupcake in the following colors: PP1, PP6, DR2, DR4, JG1, JG2. I also want to mention that this card was somewhat based on a recent design by my fellow ChiChi Memories Design Team member, Alice Carmen. I just fell in love with Alice's card when I saw it -the layout was just really appealing to me. You can see the card Alice created on her blog, Cards by Alice.

Before I wrap up my post, I just want to give a big shout out to the Bugaboo Design Team! I have enjoyed visiting all of your blogs this week, and viewing your fabulous creations. Such inspiration! It's really been a pleasure to participate in this week's challenges. With so many awesome prizes and give-aways up for grabs, I am hoping that I will be able to increase my collection of Christmas Cupcakes - at the very least :)

I had so much fun making this card, I am also adding it to the Merry Monday challenge at the Always Playing with Paper Blog. The theme this month is Anything Goes!

Thanks for stopping by and following along this week - keep cool - and enjoy your Friday!

~Katherine

2 comments:

  1. Katherine, I wanted to let you know that I have drawn the name for the winner of the image I used for my Blog Hop Card at Bugaboo and it is YOU!. If you send me your e-mail addie I will send this soon. (memesackman@yahoo.com)
    I also wanted to let you know I just love this card. The frosting is so pretty and inviting. I just want to take a bite. Thanks for playing along all week at Bugaboo .

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMO!! The cupcake AND that pink ribbon look awesome!
    Happy Merry Christmas in July!! We're so happy you joined us for theCatch The Bug “Christmas in July" Recipe Challenge and Celebration with Bugaboo Stamps! We hope you’ll join us for our Saturday BINGO Challenge Today!!!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    ~Min
    Kaymin Kreations

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment - I love to know what you think!